Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lazy...

Ok, I've been lazy. No posts in a while. Why? (excuses time...) Its been busy at work, those databases in my last post have been a pain. Apart from that? Ive been in Thailand as well for a holiday ;)


Anyway, some stuff I should have posted a while ago:

First off, we went and visited the National Science Museum. Really cool, heaps of interesting stuff, and really cheap (not like museums in .au), is good to see this stuff being made available to all for next to nothing. They've got all sorts of stuff, from dinosaurs, through to some of the earliest computers, and even a section on space flight. Oh and they have a real missile launcher in their back yard! And the roof terrace with umbrellas that sense you coming and automagically open is worth seeing.


Next Up, Tokyo Tower.

We had a visitor come to stay with us, so we got to do the tourist thing (hah, as if we still aren't tourists ourselves!). So we took her all around the place, including Tokyo Tower. I hadn't been there before either, so it was pretty interesting.
They have a section with a glass floor! Cool. The other pic is looking towards the west... the big building on the right is Izumi Garden Tower, which happens to be where I'm working, my window looks back towards Tokyo Tower. The big building on the left is Roppongi Hills, and in the center is Tokyo Midtown, and behind that, in the distance is Shijuku.
The pictures are taken from my phone, so they aren't the best... didn't really feel like dragging my camera around with me though.

No comments: